Usually, I’m not the kind of person who likes to have breakfast in the morning. Notwithstanding, there are days when I’m literally starving from the moment I open my eyes. Those are the days I like to make one of my favorite healthy breakfast recipes, namely Apple Banana Oatmeal. That’s the easiest recipe you can imagine, and if you’re a person who enjoys eating porridge, you’ll certainly appreciate it. On the other hand, if you’re not a fan of such breakfast, I strongly recommend you give this one a try. Because three years ago, I’d only eat oatmeal if it was the last meal on Earth.
In the following lines, I’ll share my best trick to make your oatmeal taste better. I never eat oats without adding this particular ingredient. My healthy breakfast recipe is super simple to make, it’s healthy, and it’s affordable, as well. You can take a screenshot of the picture at the bottom. That way, you’ll have easy access to the recipe whenever you’re in the mood for a hot bowl of oatmeal.
Healthy Breakfast Recipe: Apple Banana Oatmeal Recipe
Apple Banana Oatmeal Recipe: Ingredients
½ cup oats (that’s about 50g)
1 small apple
1tbs cocoa powder
1 tbsp ground flaxseed
1tbsp chia seeds
½ cup milk of choice
½ cup of water
Apple Banana Oatmeal Recipe: Directions
- Put the oats, milk, and water in a container on the stove. Once they start to boil, stir them constantly until the mixture becomes thick and fluffy.
- Remove the oats from the stove, and add the cacao powder. Stir well until everything is mixed together.
- And now, the trick to making your oatmeal taste heavenly is to mash half a banana in a bowl. Add the oatmeal, and stir well. The banana gives great sweetness to your oats without making it too sweet. I never have my oats without a mashed banana.
- Chop the apple into small pieces, and add them to the porridge.
- Add the chia seeds and flaxseed on top.
- Enjoy your healthy and nutritious breakfast.
Healthy Breakfast Recipe: Nutritional Information
Not only is my healthy breakfast recipe extremely simple to make, super affordable, and delicious, but it’s also rich in essential macronutrients. In the following lines, I’ll try to provide you with the most precise information with respect to the grams of protein, fats, and carbs. Additionally, I will share how many calories this apple banana oatmeal consists of.
Kcal – 388
Protein – 12g
Carbs – 60g
Fat – 10g